Thursday, July 31, 2008

How I got a burn on my arm and had to set the oven to clean

The other day I was putting a frozen pizza in the oven, my arm hit the inside of the 450F door. I yelled and flinched, dropping the pizza. The pizza ends up sticking straight up in the crack between door and oven. Toppings everywhere. Remember, the oven's hot, so those toppings start sizzling right away. I gave up on pizza for dinner and started something else to eat, as the oven now is out of commission. Hubby ended up nuking the pizza Stromboli style and ate that. Apparently the oven hadn't been cleaned in a while, because those fumes were noxious! All the windows were open and my eyes were still watering! House stank for two days afterward. All because I couldn't handle a little burning sensation.

No comments: