Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summertime III

I am still trying to get lightning bug pictures, but I'm starting to think it's impossible. I want to capture all the trees sparkling, but it's just not bright enough to pick up. It would work if they were stationary lights that go on and off, because the light would just add to itself as the photo exposes. But they move, so it's just tiny flashes everywhere. I got a remote and some kick ass lenses for early birthday presents. The remote allows be to get into bulb mode, so now I can get longer than 30sec exposures. It's awesome!
But I still only seem to be able to pick up any stray guy that flies right through the field of view.

Totally unrelated to summer time, here's a fish picture. He's in the future (getting closer every day!) Discus tank.

No comments: