Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summertime I

There was a dragonfly buzzing around while I was trimming a tree today, so I went for the camera of course. He was very cooperative and stayed put while I fiddle with settings. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I got a Nikon D80 for Christmas. It's awesome! So here's my buddy, the dragonfly (one of only a couple bugs I won't kill on sight):

All these are cropped from the originals, but there is no zoom done. I've got the biggest and highest size and resolution set on the camera, so you end up with gigantic pictures. This next one has such freaky colors because I did manual aperture and shutter, and it came out over exposed, so I tried to fix it.

This one has some sharpen done to it, but only one dose, I think. This was with auto settings, so I didn't have to change anything with brightness/contrast.

All pictures: Nikon D80, 18-55mm lens
top: f5.6; 1/100 sec; crop, slight brightness/contrast, sharpen
middle: f5.6; 1/50 sec; crop, -0.5 eV, brightness/contrast, auto level, auto color, sharpen
bottom: f5.6; 1/125 sec; crop, slight brightness/contrast, sharpen

No comments: