Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Missed Opportunity

Always one for a good "that's what she said" joke, I totally blew it (twss!) this morning. I needed an actual tool to get a bottle open today, and the random pliers and whatnot around the lab weren't cutting it. Luckily a facilities guy with his tools was just down the hall. Grabbed a scrapey type thing that had a bottle opener on the side, and got the thing open on a snap. Handed it back to him saying "yay the perfect tool!" and he said "I love it when a women tells me that." I was disappointed in myself that my mind wasn't even on that track when I said it, and then even more disappointed when it dawned on me this opportunity I just didn't even see. Yeah, we pay a lot of attention to that sexual harassment stuff at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!
our office is a haven of inappropriate behavior/talk.