Friday, August 28, 2009

Random

Got one Beardie sparkling clean just now, and picked up two water/crapping dishes for both. They are supposed to soak in the dish and it is supposed to induce crapping and also help with shedding. We'll see about both of those. [not even done typing this post and the little guy is already in his dish!! No sign of poop yet] [the next morning: nice big turd!]

If that doesn't make you want to read to the end, then nothing will...

I've been working on putting together some pictures and frames to see if I can get into a quarter auction to make some moolah! I bought five frames at Michael's, and spent too much but not as much as I expected. Too much in the sense that it only is harder to make any profit. So maybe I shall fulfill a friend's dream of accompanying her to the thrift store to find some nice cheap frames. But I guess that's only if the lady likes my stuff enough to let me in. I am going to one as a participant Sunday, and will show her my wares then. Fingers crossed!

We had some fantastic thunder and lighting for a good portion of the night last night. I was laying there trying to sleep through it, but kept thinking I needed to set up the camera to try and get some lightning. It was ideal because all four or so cells passed right over the house, and with it being pitch black outside I could have set the camera for long exposure. Sleep won that round, as usual.

My avocados are doing well, still in their cups. One still hasn't cracked so I wonder if it's a dud. But three though. That's pretty good odds of getting a set that will pollinate each other.

There's a dove nest in the tree over the driveway, so whatever car that's parked there gets a steady stream of pooplets in one spot.
I have not seen a pair at the nest; just one, and don't know if it's the same one all the time.

Was going to put this is a separate post, but it will be your reward for making it to the end: I was throwing away my glass bottles into the dumpster at work today. I always throw the stuff through the side port, and it was open so I could see when something scurried over the pile as I approached. As I rounded the slight curve to come straight at the side port, I was face to face with something that was alive and very much not garbage. It only took me a second to recognize the crazed psychotic look of a Rabid Plague-Carrying Squirrel, and when it made a move towards me I about shit myself. I wasn't totally blocking the port, but apparently RP-C Squirrel thought he still had to go through me to get out. So a few fakeouts by him and more near pant-shitting by me, and I finally figured out he wanted to GET. OUT. NOW. So I moved over a step. He really looked like he was going to go for my head (he was right at eye level) but he did manage to steer around my noggin and out onto the ground. Then he ran away. Also, let me just say that in the middle of the near pant-shitting, I was trying to figure out a way to get a picture. This all happened fast enough that I hadn't even opened my purse to get the phone.

This post has a higher than normal mention of bowel movements. You're welcome.


~~END~~

1 comment:

wRitErsbLock said...

LOL about the squirrel!
Pretty dove.

Hubby donated some of his photography to an auction for charity, at the request of my friend who was organizing it. Am thrilled to see the amounts of money his photos made!

You definitely should sell your work.