Monday, August 10, 2009

Ahh, finally back to the warm weather

My parents are turning 60 this year, and they just got done redoing their back yard, so they wanted to throw a big shindig to celebrate both. Hubby and I left Tuesday, even though the arty was Saturday so he could get in some face time with his parents. Also, he needed his drivers license renewed so we needed a business day to do that. Plus there was whatever helping needed to be done ahead of party time.

So we left the house in good hands paws:

I didn't take any pictures until I got to my parents' house Thursday, where I finally got to meet their newest additions:

Jenny Smudge. She is such a cute sweet little thing. I don't care what the pound says, I'm guessing her age to be 2.5-3 months old:

And Squeaker Stinker (she has a tummy problem). I think she's 3-3.5 months old:

They love each other, honest!

OK, maybe they love each other when one isn't taking up valuable real estate.

OK! Party Time! I just took a couple shots of the party. 
Not a lot of people in that picture, because most were downstairs hanging out with...

...some very lovely ladies.

So after helping with cleaning up the house, peeling shrimp (blech), putting together some focaccia creations, and eating candy I was too tired to do anything. Except it was so freaking cold, I had to do something to stay warm! It was 100F in Seattle not 10 days ago, and it was in the 60s when we were there. So I stayed in the kitchen mostly and played some outdoor games with Brother to keep warm. Also wrapped myself in an afghan that I'm pretty sure had cat pee on it.

But all in all it was a fun time, and Hubby was a hit because he was just a Chatty Cathy the whole time. (He claims agoraphobia only when kids are round.)

I feel like I am forgetting something, but I'm just end here with me enjoying the 90F 50% humidity. I never thought I would love this weather, but it was just so cold there! And then the flights home were cold! If I had known, I would have at least packed socks and shoes instead of sandals. And maybe a jacket.



~~END~~



1 comment:

wRitErsbLock said...

whoa! Who belongs to those cars?

glad you had a good trip.