Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chores

The weather has been absolutely dreadful here the last month or so. Each weekend it was raining, and now it gets dark about half an hour after we get home. So that doesn't leave much time for getting outdoor work done (that's my excuse, anyway), like the lawn mowing, avocado pasture prepping, and car washing I've been wanting to do for a long time. Well, I finally got one of those things done: I finally got the lawn mowed after fixing the mower. It was actually a good thing it was so cold, or else the grass would have been a foot tall instead of just the six inches that it was. But, now I don't have to worry about the HOA beating down the door with complaints about the grass. And something I found out while mowing: that rider sucks up the leaves a lot better than the push. I don't remember if it was last year or earlier that I discovered mowing the leaves is waaaaaay easier than raking, and now the rider makes it even easier! Yes, I fully acknowledge I'm a lazy slug.

So let's see. Other chores I wanted to get done this last weekend included cleaning all the fish. It took me two days, but finally got them squared away. I didn't expect them to take so long. And on the topic of fish: the pH meter I use to control CO2 delivery needs another probe. Haven't been able to find the right one yet online, but it's supposed to be a consumable so hopefully not very expensive.

Another thing I want to get done is get my PC up the Windows 7. I don't have a whole lot of programs to worry about not being compatible, except old versions of Paint Shop and all the Office products. I'm going to have to get the paint shop thing figured out, because I currently don't have any suitable program on my Mac. On my old Mac I have Photoshop, but I don't have anything that's compatible with 10.whateversnowleopardis! It makes me wonder why I bother upgrading.


~~END~~

No comments: