Tuesday, February 6, 2007

But it looks good, at least

I just got the computer I ordered last week from MWave: Shuttle xPC with the 945 chipset motherboard. I ordered a screaming Radeon x1950 video card to go with it. I guess it's too good of a card because the blasted thing doesn't fit! The fan on the side of the card takes up a second slot, and it also hits the bar that runs along the top of the case. The board itself isn't too big, it's the fan! The card is a PCI-E, and I thought both slots on the board were the same, and you could just put the card into whichever fits better. Wrong! On this motherboard it's only the outermost slot that's PCI-E, which is right up against the side of the case. So I guess I just bought my husband a late birthday present, except we need to get 1) a new (bigger) computer to take the card, and 2) a video card still for me. Foxit! (my new swear word)

But the onboard videocard thingy works pretty good. It's allows the native resolution for my 22" monitor (Westinghouse), which it 1680 x 1050. I was surprised it could do that. Oh! and this thing is so quite without the videocard fan!

So this sweet little machine is black, of course, and my monitor is black and silver, so I had to get a matching keyboard and mouse. I found a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse set for pretty cheap at Best Buy. It looks purdy.

In other news, the lizard was digging in her tunnel today, but I couldn't get a picture.

No comments: