Thursday, February 1, 2007

We have a tunnel!

So I checked on the chameleon when I got home from work today (yes, I actually went this time) like I always do. I was surprised to see this:
That looks like a tunnel! I arranged the sand in the bucket a certain way: there's a level portion that's almost even with the top edges, and then there is a carved out section so she can dig while still inside the bucket, which is maybe 5 inches deep. The tunnel appears empty. Since she still looks big, I assuming she hasn't laid the eggs yet. Also, I assume the tunnel will get filled in once they are laid. Third, she still has some white spots visible, seen in this picture that also gives a better view of her tunnel:

So now I wonder how long it'll be before she finally drops these sonsabitches

No comments: