Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vote

I faxed my request for an absentee ballot last week. Yesterday a voter card came in the mail. So now I guess I'm waiting to see if an absentee ballot is coming, otherwise I'll vote in person for the first time ever! Actually, wait a minute. I think I went to a polling place with my mom the first election after I turned 18. Huh. That just popped into my head after having totally forgotten about it. Well anyway, at least I know where to go now, since I actually needed a voter card.

UPDATE: got the absentee ballot today. Now I should research all the local stuff. League of Women Voters has a very extensive site full of non-partisan information on candidates by state. (basically it's an online version of the voter's guide).


~~END~~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still going the write in route?

maya papaya said...

no, I know McCain needs all the votes he can get. Some commenter somewhere was pondering a Thompson/Palin ticket, and I almost passed out from the sheer joy of the thought. But I am over it now, and will do my duty.

Anonymous said...

Even after Obama's most moving speech last night? Any ideas yet on who anonymous is?

maya papaya said...

I didn't watch his infomercial, and I'm not going to watch the Youtube of it either. I was watching DVRed Houses and NCISs. Even if I had seen either of those episodes before, it still would have been better than Obama.

And yes, I know who you are, and very happy to see you. I should have emailed, but once Ms. Lucas put the update up it seemed like it would have been insincere. Hypothetically, if I wanted to email you, which one would I use? School? Hotmail or whatever the other one was?

Anonymous said...

Wrong, It's your bleeding heart daddy.

maya papaya said...

dammit! There's not a whole lot of people who knew I was going to write in Thompson. (back yard plans looks awesome, by the way)