Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow + wind = just plain crazy

Yesterday was a crazy snowy windy day. Work turned out to not be cancelled, even though the roads were a lot worse than other times work was delayed or cancelled. The problem was even after plowing, the wind would just blow the snow back in, so that half an hour later it looked like nothing had been done. It was still snowing until noon, and after that the only snow in the air was just from blowing. Walking to the car for lunch was an adventure, only because I was shielding my eyes from the wind and didn't see the foot deep snow bank placed randomly in the middle of the parking lot. Actually, that part was pretty cool: the wind was blowing from the direction that swept snow up from a large empty field. As it blew between the cars parked on that leading edge of the parking lot, snow banks we created. Some were pretty impressive, and I wondered if the little 2WD sedans would be able to get out. Facilities guy saved the day with the mini plow. But the Wrangler just busted through that stuff like it was nothing. Now today it's just cold, probably won't get above freezing again. Kinda makes me wish I was in Hawaii, like some other poopfaces I know.


~~END~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clearly next winter I need to plan a trip to visit you so I can see some snow.

I miss snow.