Sunday, July 26, 2009

Working on my dandelion patch

Before we got our socks blown off by wind and hail, the day was actually very nice today. Nice hot and sunny. So I got out to start working on the plot for the avocado trees (only one of four has sprouted a root yet). The kitties helped in this venture. I put Gravy on the lizard leash again, and tied her to a shovel. She just got fixed, so she'll be outside pretty soon. I wanted her to start sniffing around before getting total free reign of the outdoors.

Biscuit helped from under the protection and shade of the Japanese Maple.

I think I spent half of my time getting Gravy untangled from underneath the wheel barrow.

So about that dandelion patch. I got to about where I had done for the failed rhubarb plant, and that stuff all came up pretty easily. Then I got to stuff that seemed stuck in there a bit better. Well yeah, it's weeds growing out of clay that hasn't been disturbed in god knows how many years! So I decided to quit. And no, I don't feel bad about being a quitter.


~~END~~

No comments: