Thursday, December 4, 2008

Something's missing

Now that it's Christmas time, I like to do a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream (spray kind) with sprinkles on top. All that is stirred with a candy cane. So I'm doing up my drink (nothing says class like Nestle instant hot chocolate and spray Rediwhip) and realize the old candycanes I had extra from last year don't smell right. They smelled like plastic and not like peppermint. So I threw those out. I'm drinking my missing ingredient drink, thinking it could use some punch or zing or something. "If only I had a source of peppermint" I thought. It was good, because anything with Rediwhip is good. But it was missing that last little bit.

Today I looked at the cupboard as saw the peppermint schnapps. dammit!

Today at the commissary I got candycanes and freshened my multi-year-old hot chocolate.


~~END~~

No comments: