Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tree is up

It's a fake prelit (white lights) we got a couple years ago. It has approximately 1,000 candy canes on it, as I am planning on making peppermint ice cream sometime. I didn't have time to take a picture of it, I'll do that tomorrow maybe. Biscuit has already discovered that under the tree is a good hiding place, but there's no water for him to drink. I wonder if he was expecting that from his past life before I got him?

Also done today is a batch of sugar covered nuts and a loaf of banana bread. The nuts could have come out better because the lady who did them before (who I got the recipe from) used pecan. I used walnuts, and I have to say even though I don't really like pecans, walnuts are not very good for this:

1 egg white + 1 Tbsp water whipped until foamy.
1 pound pecans not walnuts stirred in until covered
1 cup sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon stirred in until covered

bake 250F spread out in a large cookie sheet for 1hr, stirring up and turning nuts over halfway through.

The pecan version was so good. But the walnuts just have too much of a flavor for this to work.


~~END~~

No comments: