Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Busy discus [update]

The discus spawned again, recently by the look of things. This time it looks like the blue (which I'm fairly sure is a male, since his dangly bits do look different than the two oranges')got it on with the larger of the two pigeons. So maybe the change in mate will help this batch actually, you know, hatch.

[UPDATE] well, that batch of eggs got eaten up. But this morning I noticed Blue and the smaller pigeon hanging out on the clear other end of the tank. Now this afternoon I see eggs there. So he's getting it on with two ladies at once! It's like a soap opera!

[UPDATEtoo] those others eggs are all gone now too. They may have been there for a full 24 hours, but probably less than 36. I don't think they even hatch that soon, so if I want fry I'm going to have to intervene.


~~END~~

No comments: