Monday, February 9, 2009

Lizard update

So bearded dragons hibernate in the winter. It's called brumation. Fat Boy has been brumating for probably 3-4 weeks solid, and before that he woke up for a week when I fed him a worm. Before that he had been brumating for a couple weeks solid. Every once in a while he'll open an eye, but I am careful not to disturb him because I don't want him up again. Anyway, I had thought Big Red was too young to get into it, but I had seen him digging in his sand for a few days. Finally today I see him asleep under a log. I just dug out a cave hideyhole out of my junk last night, so I think I'll put that in there for him. It's cool to see them follow their instincts, but what am I going to do with all these worms?


~~END~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mealworm Spaghetti
1/2 pound roasted yellow mealworms
4-1/4 cups water
1 tablespoon safflower oil
1 sprig marjoram
1 sprig thyme
2 bay leaves
1/4 onion, chopped
8 ounces dry spaghetti
6 to 8 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
Olive oil
3 to 4 tablespoons pine nuts, finely chopped
10 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
1/2 pound purple basil, finely chopped
1/2 pound ricotta cheese
1/4 cup whole pine nuts

maya papaya said...

um, no, thanks. Although it sounds tastey minus the worms!

Anonymous said...

anonymous is funny!