Thursday, February 19, 2009

Waiting for the Terminix guy

So here I am at home, when I would normally be at work. I was standing in front of the fireplace and heard a dove cooing. It echoed down the flue and sounded neat and creepy. Anyway, I thought "Oh crap, the dove is stuck in the chimney" of course, because what else do you think when you hear bird noises coming out of your fireplace. I went outside hoping that he was just standing on the top of the chimney and sure 'nuff, there he was. Now I just have to hope he wasn't there calling to his mate who's stuck in the chimney.

P.S. He's come and gone now. I had just squirted some lotion onto my hands when the doorbell rang, so I was rubbing it in while going to the door. I actually could not turn the knob because my hands we so slippery! It took like three tries before I used my shirt. He must think I'm a crackhead, but that's nothing new.


~~END~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's up with the bugs?

maya papaya said...

oh, it was just the quarterly spraying. We've been doing the yearly plan for a couple years now. It works good. And they also called the termite guy out when one sprayer saw termite tunnels in the garage last year.

Anonymous said...

rubbing lotion into your hands... yea right.. rubbing lotion onto something I am sure.