Saturday, November 29, 2008

I got rick rolled

And I'm not talking about the Thanksgiving Day Parade. I was looking for a Bioshock 2 trailer on Youtube. It was right after I found a crappy video of a kid videotaping his TV while the trailer rolled, and right before I found a good quality trailer. It started normal, and then HE popped up on the screen with his dumb ass little video. Well played, sir.

In other XBox news, I updated my Live account so that we can instantly watch Netflix through the internet. It is awesome!!! So far we've only watched the current season on NCIS. But when they say instant, they mean it. You go through the computer to put things on your instant watch queue (different from the send them by mail queue) and within a couple seconds the videos in your queue pop up on the menu in the Xbox. Awesome! There's not a whole lot of good movies in the watch instantly selection yet, but tonight we're going to watch Pirates At World's End.

The video quality of a watch instantly Netflix program is pretty good. If you hit "native resolution" on the TV, you'll see the video is actually quite low resolution, but it's HD (depending on program) so once it stretches out onto the TV it still is pretty good. Better than non-HD TV programming, less than HD programming.

Oh jeez. I just remembered the last part of my XBox rant. To get the Netflix functionality to work, you have to get the update called "new Xbox experience" or something. It changes the whole menu system of the interface and it is really really stupid. You have to pick an avatar for your profile, and it is so much like the Wii I can't believe Microsoft isn't getting sued. IF I WANTED WII CHARACTERS ON MY SCREEN I'D BUY A STUPID WII!!! Since I don't have a Wii, I must not want to look at those stupid little poorly drawn characters. It really pisses me off how childish and dumb looking they made the whole thing. It was just fine they way it was before, assholes.

No comments: