Sunday, August 17, 2008

Discus goodness

A couple of weeks ago I go 4 more discus to add to the 4 I had gotten a few weeks before that. So here are a few pictures of the new comers. Two are of this style:
and one more of the type of the other one here:

and then one more turquoise to make friends with the other turquoise.

I has a friend

so that brings the count up to:
1  blue/red snakeskin
2 white/yellow snakeskin
3 marlboro reds (some are more red than others)
2 turquoise

The beaut of the tank is the blue snakeskin, by far. He's bigger than the rest, and his color is really clean (not like the light colored snakeskins with their brown spots). Also, I think he might be pairing off with one of the other snakeskins, even though I thought they had to be of the same color morph. Anyway, the two light colored snakeskins are not happy with each other if Big Blue is around. I thought Discus were supposed to be all timid and quiet and stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty fishy!

someone left your link in rachel lucas' comments saying you had lizards, so i can over.

i have a leopard gecko that is much, much smaller than your lizard. i love weird pets.

maya papaya said...

I have a gecko too, called a Golden Gecko. Used to be two, but the cats crashed in the top and one gecko hid under the fridge until he died. The other I think likes being alone.

And I love that little hedgehog! I almost got one while in college, but for some reason never did.

PS hope your arm is doing OK

Anonymous said...

Mine is a tangerine leopard gecko; a girl. I used to also have a (I'll spell this wrong) luesistic leopard gecko boy. And one season, we had eggs that never hatched. Then, my boy got injured and my girl started to abuse him. Sadly, I didn't realize it soon enough, and when I did, he was too sick to ever really recover. He died a year or so ago. I was very sad. No more babies for us.

I used to have 2 whites tree frogs, too. And turtles. I released the turtles into the pond because I just had too many pets to clean up after! They were thrilled when I set them free! So much swimming space.

We don't have "normal" pets. 3 chinchillas, 1 gecko, 1 bunny, 75 gallon salt water aquarium. And my MIL lives with us and has 3 cockatiels.