Monday, August 11, 2008

Wherein I become a shill for Zappos

I ordered a pair of shoes from Zappos. I already knew they were awesome, that's why I was giving them business a second time. But I didn't know they were this awesome:

Submitted order Wednesday evening. Checked my email Thursday afternoon, and got three emails in a row from them: 1) confirming order; 2) shipping notification (good news!) 3) tracking number. 2) was a notice saying they could ship a faster way than I had planned (I did standard for $7). Well, turns out faster meant freaking 12 hour delivery; when I plugged in the tracking number it showed as already delivered! It came from Kentucky Thursday morning (4am) and ended up on my doorstep Thursday afternoon! for $7! Thanks Zappos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zappo's is awesome. They're always "upgrading" the shipping for no reason. They're so efficient it's scary.