Sunday, January 4, 2009

Biscuit caught a bird

I immediately ran for the camera, pictures coming after I eat.

Let's just say he's tenacious.


OK, time for pictures:
In the first two pictures the bird is right there in the crook of the tree.




Then it flew up into a higher branch, apparently out of view from the camera, because I can't find it.


After that the bird flew over to the tree right next to it, which happens to be in the neighbors yard. So Biscuit jumped down and followed it. He decided the best way to get to it was to go up on the neighbors deck so he could jump in higher up the tree. That was when I decided it was time to bring him in and lock the door.

I locked the cat door, but he was still trying to push it open, so I moved a box in front of it. Getting back from eating just now, I notice the box is moved a little, but both cats are still inside.

So how did the bird get from inside Biscuit's mouth to flying away into a tree? Well after he was done showing us his catch (he was gripping it in its back, and it's little mouth was still moving, so I knew it was still alive) and after I ran for the camera, he wandered off into the yard to play. I didn't even have enough time to get one shot off by the time the bird flew away. As soon as Biscuit let it go to play, it flew. Heh. Stupid cat. Now he knows for next time.

But just the way Biscuit was able to follow it from tree to tree, and especially when he was still trying to get out when I brought him in, was impressive I thought. I'm not sure I've seen a cat who knew he still had something waiting for him outside after he lost sight of it. I guess it's bloodlust.

No comments: