Saturday, January 24, 2009

Discus [Updated]

There are more eggs! I saw them (same pair) acting funny (turning bodies around in weird directions) a few minutes ago, and I thought they might be laying eggs. I didn't see anything, and decided they were just cleaning the future site. Turns out they were laying eggs. I saw them both turning around in odd ways, so hopefully the eggs got fertilized. I'm not taking off for four days this time, so I'll be able to keep a closer eye on the whole process.

In African cichlid news, the momma finally dropped her baby yesterday, so there are now two little guys swimming around. OK, hiding very well is more like it, but I did see the smaller one yesterday. And now that the tank is clean, I was thinking of getting a couple more peacocks. But now I think I'll hold off until these little ones are a little bigger.

[Update] all eggs have been eaten. I saw earlier today that some were gone, and now all of them are gone. It's only been 24 hours, so they didn't even give them a chance to hatch. I've been reading, and it can take many tries until get the hang of it. Of course, this still doesn't rule out a) both are females, or b) the male is not fertile, or c) the eggs were not fertilized properly. So really, no questions answered.


~~END~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come on Discuseseses. I want babies