Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh holy crap I have to blog this

I love Chinese instructions. I bought a new canister filter for my cichlid tank, and it comes with a built in UV sterilizer. The first one I got came with a busted quartz sleeve, so the unit is completely useless, except for cannibalizing parts or something. So I'm going to return it, but in the mean time I went up to PA to see what the WalMart of pet stores had, and they happened to have a similar unit, likewise by an unknown brand. So I'm washing all the pieces and see a drawing...



The text reads (and this is a direct transcription):
"Honorific user.when you need to use Surface basket.Please keep as follows picture(1)that mark the lowest low water line.When you unable to keep water line.Advise to cancel part of Surface basket.according to the way of picture(2)to connect use.Ensure your filter system can work naturally."

But I have to give whoever credit for spelling all the words that are there correctly. Also, the instructions make perfect sense to me, because I understand the ways of the fish. It's just saying there are two attachments for the canister to draw water from the aquarium. If you can't keep a stable water line (like from evaporation), then to avoid you burning up the motor your should use the submerged version (2), not the overflow version (1). I think. Anyway, back to avoiding football by playing with fish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maya,

You should submit this to Engrish.com.