Friday, January 9, 2009

I have worms

I ordered a 1000-ct box of worms for the lizzies. I thought it was supposed to be in the 40s yesterday, so the box of them shouldn't have gotten too cold. Turns out it was below freezing while the box was getting shipped. Fortunately the company thought of this and packed the box inside another box, and also insterted a pocket warmer! Now, I'm not sure the pocket warmer did much, since it needs air to stay warm, but it was a nice touch. So anyway I think the cold was actually a good thing, because it slowed down the worms. They usually are crawling out all over the place and escaping through the cracks. But in addition the fact that there was a second box to get through, they were all sitting very still in their little egg crate. So not expecting much, I got all the worms into their tub with a little bit of meal, along with a bunch of veggies on top. Well today! They're all back to life and wiggling around like normal! So now I wonder if I should always try to ship on a super cold day.


~~END~~

No comments: